Week In Italy

Dlwood

Hello!
My husband and I will be spending about a week in Italy at the end of our May 2.5 week trip to Europe. I need help with planning our time in Italy. We will be arriving in Florence from Munich at 10 am on a Sunday. We would like to see Florence and also travel to some wineries. Next, we would like to travel to the Cinque Terre. I was thinking we would fly out of Pisa on Friday to catch our flight home from LHR.
I need help figuring out how to split our time, what to do and where to stay in each location. Any insight is greatly appreciated! This will be my husband's first time to Europe and my third.
Thanks!

Itinerary Suggestions in May

Buongiorno,

I love Tuscany in May---everything seems to come alive!

I suggest you dedicated a day and a half to Florence - Sunday when you arrive and maybe Thursday (so you will have time to pack for your trip out on Friday) Here are a few itinerary ideas for Florence.

Then one day in Cinque Terre - maybe Wednesday and I wholeheartedly suggest you do an organized tour so you can really max the time spend in this area. Read my colleague's experience for some ideas.

And then Tuesday and Wednesday:

I would suggest one day in Siena

and one day Lucca / Pisa PS be sure to get your tickets in advance if you want to climb the Tower!!

However, this itinerary is really based on the fact that you hubby has never been - and he will probably want to see the classic sites. You can also check out this link below which gives you a few sugestions of a one day itinereary that is not so classic - like via Setteponti or a day trip to Arezzo (easy with the train), Mugello or Casentino. These alternatives would give YOU something new to see while treating you husband to some great scenery and genuine Tuscan sites.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

PS Arezzo is a personal favorite!