Tuscany and Florence

Rai24

Hello,

I am based in Dubai and I'd like to come to Tuscany. I intend to spend a day in Florence for 1 day and the remaining in 4 in Tuscany to see the beautiful landscape and vineyards. I have heard a lot about Val d'Orcia , Montepulciano, Pienza. How do I make an itinerary for 5 days?

Also if I want to see Tuscany do I guided tour or rent a car?

regards,
Rai

Spending time in Tuscany

Buongiorno,

It sounds as if you have made a good division of your time. Be sure to dedicate one full day to Florence, sleeping in the city if possible to get the most out of visiting the museums, churches and major sites.

As for your four days in the Tuscan countryside I have posted a few links below that might give you some ideas. For the most part, if this is your first time in there are some places that are hard to skip, this 5 day itinerary will list them out for your ... you can combine Chianti and San Gimignano if you wanted so that it accommodates your four days in Tuscany.

If you are looking for something extra special to do, I suggest you look at these two itinerary options. Wine tasting in Montalcino!! You can't come to Tuscany without exploring the cantinas and vineyards along the way - and this will have you including some of the more picturesque landscapes in Val d'Orcia south of Siena.

Another unique - and very beautiful landscape itinerary is just outside of Florence, click on this link to learn more about via Sette Ponti.

If you are comfortable driving, then I would suggest that you forgo the private driver however, if you want a truly relaxing trip - and driving in Tuscany makes you a bit nervous, then you might appreciate the expertise of a NCC (driver with car)

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise