Visiting Tuscany in May

Hasna

Hi
Travelling to Tuscany with my 11 year old daughter in May. We are there only for 4 days. I know it's too much but still trying my luck :))
1. Want to enjoy the Tuscany countryside (no car for us, only public transport)
2. Need to see Florence
3. Visit Lucca
4. See Sienna. But can avoid this if it requires too much time...maybe next time
5. To go to an opera which my daughter can also enjoy...to get the feel. The operas I think is only in the night. Then we should be able to travel back after the opera to the place where we stay.

Please suggest. Thanks
Hasna

4 days with an 11 year old

Buongiorno,

Siena is totally do-able using public transport and the market day might make it even more fun for your daughter. You can also visit Siena with an activity which will include a great visit to the countryside, I have done this tour and it is totally worth it for all ages! Or a tour which incorporates Siena and so much more giving you the full picture.

For a visit to Lucca I suggest that you also include a visit to Pisa...who can resist all those steps up the Leaning Tower :cool: And this is all possible with public transport. Lucca is a favorite of my family, it is an active town with lots of little shops, plenty of small streets to explore and I love the walk around the thick city walls.

Florence, choose your museums in advance and book your tickets to save time and long waits.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise