Private Guide

Car guy

We will be traveling to Florence in May and will be spending 9 nights in that glorious city. Some of the days will be spend in the countryside but for our in city days, we want to consider hiring a private guide for full day touring, possibly for 3 consecutive days. How should we go about hiring a guide and what are the costs?

Guide

Buongiorno,

your options include a tour guide who can assist you in the visit to the city (or countryside) - however they normally do not come with their own transport.

or you could look at an NCC (Driver with car) They are not tour guides. See this post for some general info. You might also get a few ideas from this blog post about Lucca and wine tasting.

Not all tour guides can take you around the city and the countryside, they have a lisence for certain areas so if you like the idea of the same guide be sure to ask where they can go.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Private Guide for you

Hello Car Guy,
If it can be of use to you, please be advised that I am a certified guide in Florence and would be happy to help. However, I just signed up to this forum some minutes ago, so please bear with me as I find my way around it.
Looking forward to your news.
Varmondo

Private Guides

Donna,

Thanks for the response. We would like the guide for in city touring for three days. No car is necessary. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Buongiorno,

your options include a tour guide who can assist you in the visit to the city (or countryside) - however they normally do not come with their own transport.

or you could look at an NCC (Driver with car) They are not tour guides. See this post for some general info. You might also get a few ideas from this blog post about Lucca and wine tasting.

Not all tour guides can take you around the city and the countryside, they have a lisence for certain areas so if you like the idea of the same guide be sure to ask where they can go.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Varmando,
Thank you for your response. Several questions. How long have you been a certified guide in Florence? And what is your daily rate for three days without car in the city? And do you have any references that I can review from other forums or sources?

Hello Car Guy,
If it can be of use to you, please be advised that I am a certified guide in Florence and would be happy to help. However, I just signed up to this forum some minutes ago, so please bear with me as I find my way around it.
Looking forward to your news.
Varmondo