Sunflowers?

Camilla

I'm planning a visit to Tuscany. I want to see The fields with sunflowers in full Bloom. When do they Bloom, When should I visit Tuscany to experience The most most beautiful period? ☺️

Sunflowers in Mid August (15th) 2017- desperate man!

Hi all,

I'll be in the region in Mid August (15th) of this year (2017) and would deeply love to know if there will still be any blooming sunflowers around by that point. If so where would my best chance of finding those late bloomers be? Any help hugely appreciated!!! It is for a very romantic reason so I'd love any accurate possible locations or areas.

My thanks ans love,
Rob

Sunflowers in August

Buongiorno,

I don't want to sound pessimistic - but 15 August is really late in the season - especially since most fields are already in bloom! The flowers won't last 30 days... :(

The article online - which have probably seen linked in the responses above - talks about fields that I have already seen in bloom - BUT I will keep an eye out for any late bloomers. Your best chance is to look in the more norther regions, for example Mugello.

Best of Luck,

Donna Denise

Continued help for a desperate man!

Thank you so much for your fast reply Donna. I really appreciate your help with this.

I could possibly revise my plans and be in the Mugello area on the 6th August if you think that would give me a chance of catching sunflowers? I'd rather mis calculated the flowering season based on a previous trip to the South of France where they were still out in August (2015)! More fool me!

If you know of any accommodation that I could contact to gain a better local insight I'm happy to try that?

Kind regard and huge thanks!
Rob