Visiting Tuscany In late Sept/early October

Linda H

I am coming to Italy for the first time with husband and 2 adult kids, 25 and 31.We plan to spend 4 days in Florence, then want to head to the countryside for 4-5 days. We intend to visit Siena, Volterra, San Gimignano, Chianti, maybe Arezzo. I'd like to stay outside a small village in the Chianti area. Can you make recommendations for great little towns/villages to stay? Many thanks! Linda

where to stay

Buongiorno,

Those towns will certainly give you a great overview of Tuscany. I am particular happy to see you include Arezzo - great place. I live close by and I am always amazed at how many people skip right over it.

Recently I went to visit Podere Monti, its is in a good position for the day trips you want to make plus it is within walking distance of a sweet little town.

You might want to check out some of the places listed on this page:
http://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-accommodation/our-reviews/

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Buongiorno,
the Chianti area is all very beatiful to see. You could decide to stay in Castellina in Chianti, or Radda in Chianti or Gaiole in Chianti: these are three nice little villages, in the countryside. They are all not too far from Siena, San Gimignano and Arezzo.
Have a nice holiday!