suggestions for managing time/best things to do/see/eat in Florence

GEM

Hello! I'll be in Florence next month for 5 days, but three of those days will be spent on excursions outside of the city. That means we'll only have 2 full days in Florence (and also the nights after we return to Florence after our day trips outside of the city). I'm looking for suggestions on how best to use my time. When should we visit the Accademia? Should I buy tickets in advance or when we get there? I heard arriving there around 5pm would be best? Any suggestions there? Any suggestions for getting around? Things to do or see in such a short time?

Thanks for the help!:eek:

Buongiorno,

The first thing to do is read through this article, which will give you a brief overview of what you can do in two days.

Even if you don't follow all of the steps, it will give you an idea of what there is to see in the city. I also suggest that you have a look at one of these self guided walking tours, they are great for introducing you to the city and don't take all that long!

And then I would be sure to plan another vacation where you can dedicate another few days to Florence! :p

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise