best trip

gramc22

Hello,
My boyfriend and I, along with 5 more couples are interested in going to Florence for 5 days. We want to know which are the best places with the best scenery, where we can enjoy a Vespa ride, cooking classes and wine tasting. We want to see as much as we can, some people recommend siena, chianti, castellina in chianti, greve in chianti, val d orcia, pienza, montalcino, montepulciano, san gimignano, Pisa, Pietrasanta, Le cinque terre, riomaggiore, manarola, vernazza. This is our first time in Italy and its been difficult to do an itinerary. So if you can help us with the places and things we most see and go would be great.

Thank you in advance.
:)

5 days in Tuscany

Buongiorno,

all of those places are great! - really you won't go wrong with any of them.

I think if you read this article about a 5 day itin in Tuscany, it could help you narrow things down a bit.

Cinque Terre, of course is not located in Tuscany, and is quite lovely - though I suggest for five days and all of the other places to visit that you concentrate on Florence, Chianti, Siena and Val d'Orcia and all the lovely little places within these areas.

http://www.discovertuscany.com/itineraries-in-tuscany/five-days-in-tuscany.html

If you need help narrowing it down even more - just drop us a note!

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

This is my suggestion

When you come Florence you should visit these places:
Palazzo Pitti: this is a large 15th-century palace situated on the quieter south bank of the Arno river.
Boboli Gardens: The beautiful and varied Italianesque garden is home to a large number of statues and fountains. The gardens have passed through several stages of enlargement and restructuring work.
Santa Maria del Fiore: From its beautiful Gothic facade of red, green and white marble to its elaborate interior of stained-glass windows, mosaics, frescoes and bronze statues, the Duomo complex also includes the impressive structures of the Baptistery and Giotto’s bell tower.

Last edited by a moderator: