Route in Tuscany

Pol

Hello all,

First of all congratulations for your forum, I’ve been reading through it and I found it really helpful to plan my vacations in Tuscany.

I would like to ask your opinion about the route I want to do because I am not very sure about it and it is my first vacation planning. Also I am probably missing some must-see places that I am not aware of. :D

The plan is, me and my girlfriend are coming to Italy by car so we have plenty of freedom.

Our first day we will visit Pisa during the morning and then go to Firenze stopping or either at Lucca or Pistoia (I think Pistoia is nicer).

In Florence we will spend 3 nights (this means 2 days visiting it). We will probably visit what you suggested in https://www.visitflorence.com/itineraries-in-florence/two-days-in-florence.html. But I would appreciate if you could tell us some places to eat.

After Firenze we are going to Siena where we will spend 4 nights (this is 4 days with the one travelling from Firenze).

Day 1 in Siena: We leave Firenze in the morning and go to Siena, we will either go to Arezzo (I don’t know if it is worth) or either visit the winery Badia a Passignano, Panzano, Castellina in Chianti, etc.

Day 2: This day we would go to visit Montalcino, Montepulciano, pienza Sant quirico d’orcia and abadia di sant antimo. There are maybe a lot of things to do but we are planning on leaving early in the morning so maybe we will have time. We are also thinking of visiting Monticchiello and Radicofani.

Day 3: The third day in Siena we will spend the whole day in the city visiting it. Could you provide some guide or things to do please?

Day 4: Last day in Siena we will visit Sant Gimignano, and volterra as well as monterrigioni.

Another possibility would be visiting Siena in Day 1(instead of Panzano) and split Day 2 into day 2 and 3 so we have more time to do that part.

After this we will head home!

Thank you very much for your answers and your time!

Edit: Also do you think Pitigliano and Assisi are too far a way to do one or both in one day?

Pol

Itin

Buongiorno,

You are putting together a great combination of places and looks like you are allotting appropriate time to dedicate to exploring it all.

Pistoia is definitely a great option - and it is the Italian cultural capital for 2017 with lots of extra activities going on not to mention it is along the way to Florence. Lucca is also really a great town (I would have a hard time picking one or the other) - the only thing that could tip the scale is it 30 minutes north instead of heading straight for Florence like Pistoia would do.

Yesterday I did a cold run of

Day 2: This day we would go to visit Montalcino, Montepulciano, pienza Sant quirico d’orcia and abadia di sant antimo. There are maybe a lot of things to do but we are planning on leaving early in the morning so maybe we will have time. We are also thinking of visiting Monticchiello and Radicofani.

My suggestion is Montalcino, Sant Antimo, Bagno Vignoni, Pienza, (Montepulciano & San Quirico - if you think you have time because the above will take you a good full day) and back to Siena.

Arezzo is definitely worth the visit - and you can still include a vineyard. Here is some helpful info on wine tasting in the area - check out the event I giorni del vino
https://www.discovertuscany.com/arezzo/arezzo-wine-tasting.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise