10 Days in Tuscany (From Sept 16-26)

grosado78

Hello, I'll be arriving in Italy on the 16th of September. Will be arriving to Venice, renting a car and hopefully driving all the way down to southern Florence where we should arrive at 10-11pm and spend the night. After many changes we decided to just concentrate on Tuscany in order to take it slow and relaxed. I dont have any hotels yet since I like to have the flexibility to continue or stay if I like the place.
Im planning to stay in agroturismos or small places to get to feel like a local.

As far as staying I was planning to stay in Chianti for at least a night to explore the area and from there I dont mind to move from place to place through Tuscany that way dont have to make multiple daily round trips. Is this a good idea or should I get different bases for 2 or 3 nights like Chianty, then Siena and Montepulciano?

I dont have any set plans, just want to relax, eat, drink wine, take wine tours and since Im a photographer spend the day visiting different places enjoying taking photos around.

As of now I do have the following places that Im interested.
Greve in Chianti, Montefioralle, San Gimignano, Volterra, Monteriggioni, Siena, Pienza, Montepulciano, Val d'Orcia, Pitigliano & Terme di Saturnia.

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Maremma

Buongiorno,

The Maremma definitely will give you more than you planned on...the photo opportunities are everywhere. We just added some itin info on an area called Montecucco in the Maremma and articles on the Città del Tuffo (Pitigliano, Sorano and Sovana)

Plus I just spent two days exploring this area just south of Val d'Orcia - so if you catch a sunny day the photos will be stupendous!

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise