Service roads

Mikal

We are planning to travel to Tuscany next spring and we want to stay in a B&B just north of Fiesole. We have contacted 2 home owners, one on SR 302 and one on SR 65. How are those roads? If we choose public transportation, do the buses travel along those roads frequently? Or would you suggest we rent a car? If we rent a car, is it an easy drive or a steep winding road?

Driving in Fiesole

Buongiorno,

so there is no hiding that the roads will be (kind of) narrow and curvy - but I have driven there and never had a problem, in fact both of the roads you named are fairly "busy" for the area. You just need to take it slow, and keep calm :cool: I have been on harrowing Italian roads, and this area doesn't really qualify. BUT they do have some awesome panoramic views!

That area is never well served with public transport, especially if you want to spend an evening or two in the city of Florence. And though it is possible to use public transport, I would suggest that you discuss it with the home owners who will know best if the buses are frequent and reliable.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise