Any Wineries open on 24 and 25th of dec?

josh

Hi, we will be travelling to Florence over a short trip from 24 to 26th Dec. Any vineyards that we can visit on 24th and 25th?

Wineries

Buongiorno,

this is such an easy - yet not so easy question.

There is bound to be someone open upon request for the 25th - however, I don't know of any! Christmas is really one of the few holidays that is a general shut down for everyone.

Having said that if you do some checking you might find someone open for the 24th of December - but mainly in the morning. I just spent a day at Lilliano near Florence, tasting their new olive oil production (delicious by the way) and they told me they will be open in the morning on the 24th - and they already have a tour...so call and talk to them!

Have a look at this list of names, they are a bit more commercial - but it is exactly for that reasons that they are more likely to be open.
https://www.chianti.com/wine-tasting/chianti-wine-tasting-without-a-car.html

Buon Viaggio (and Buon Natale)

Donna Denise

As Donna has already posted, I wouldn't expect any wineries to be open on Christmas day. I only expect restaurants to be open since that's a basic need but most museums and attractions are closed (churches are open only for services as well, not for visits).

Most everything is open on the 24th so plan to do your visit on that day --- whether Liliano or another from the list, make sure to contact them to double check their hours, availability and book if they are requesting that.