Planning 7 days

Slsvenus

Hi, We are travelling to Tuscany in June. I have booked a hotel for two nights in Florence and a trip to the Opera whilst there. We do not really want to hire a car and want a very relaxing week with some nice food and wine tasting. We do get a little bored just sitting around a pool, so not adverse to some sight seeing.I would definitely like to visit Pisa and am thinking we may travel there from Florence then go somewhere relaxing for our last 5 days. Any advise or ideas would be appreciated in my planning stages.

Just replied to your other post about getting a car+driver which is a great way to enjoy Tuscany without worrying about driving yourself. I would definitely look into that for days you want to stay in the countryside, particularly if you want to do wine tasting and visit smaller towns in between the larger towns.

I would suggest you stay in the very central area of Chianti which is the large area between Siena and Florence so that you can enjoy the countryside -- you can start your search of where to stay here: http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/
and in particular suggest Villa il Poggiale for an estate with pool, Palazzo Malaspina for a B&B stay in a small medieval hamlet (no pool) or Casolare di Libbiano for a stay at a B&B in the countryside with pool and cooking classes on site. You'll find more options on the site though.

In those 5 days, you could do a day trip to San Gimignano and Volterra, another just roaming around Chianti, a full day in Siena, a full day spent between Pisa and Lucca (dedicate the full 2 days in Florence while there). Your last day to fully relax!! ;-)

No car necessary

Buongiorno,

Sometimes real relax means not having to drive anywhere!
I have personally visited these holiday apartment rentals, and I really loved that they were with walking distance of a small town - so not only can you join in on the town events but there are buses that take you to Siena, and from Siena there are several day trips you can plan without a car.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise