Another way from Tuscany to Rome

Drj

Hi everyone
We are arriving on Wednesday April 18 to Florence, landing at Venice airport and taking a short tour in Padova, for 3 nights, and the 4 night at Fiumicino Airport
We are celebrating my wife's 60 years birthday.
We have already been twice in the area so I am asking what else to see, have seen Florence and museums, Chianti area, San Giminiano, Voltera, Val d'Orcia, Siena, Arezzo,Montepulciano, Pisa,Pienza,Umbria etc...)
I thought maybe 1 day Prato and Lucca, one day shopping at the Mall Oultlet and finishing the day in the Chianti area (actually I booked at Antica Macelleria Cecchini at Officina della Bistecca for dinner on Thursday evenining)
I thought on the way back to Rome to drive south-west to Grosseto and the small towns around
What do you think?
Any other suggestions?
Regards

I think driving South West a great idea.

After Grossetto a nice stop is Talamone - it featured briefly at the beginning of the James Bond film Quantum of Solace. Also consider visiting MonteArgentario which is one of the nicest locations in Italy IMO.

Other nice towns include Tarquinia and further inland Tuscania and even Viterbo if you have the time. The first two are in the midst of the region occupied by the Etruscans - a civilisation which preceded the Romans.