Monterosso/CT to FLORENCE one way sightseeing

Manddubb

Hi,

We will be traveling from Monterosso to Florence in a day. We really would like to take our time, see Pisa, Lucca, maybe Siena or somewhere else. We just want to really absorb Tuscany on the way. How would be the best way to do this? Hire car? Are there any one way tours that don’t break the bank? Looking for insights as google searching isn’t returning much. Thank you!

traveling towards Florence

Buongiorno,

A car would definitely give you a bit more flexibility - especially if you will lugging your baggage around with you.

I suggest heading out to Pisa first - there are trains that run from Monterosso to Pisa with no changes. Or to Lucca first, but check those with only 1 change instead of two.

From Lucca you can then head to Pisa (train). With so much to see in these two cities, personally I wouldn't suggest that you add any other places to your itinerary for this day. In fact, both of these two cities combined will give you lots to see - starting with the Piazza dei Miracoli in Pisa including the Duomo and Leaning Tower and then a bit of leisure and exploration in Lucca, which a little more low keyed.

Any train from Lucca to Florence seems to route your through Pisa again - so it is a bit of "6 of one and half a dozen of the other". You either start your trip with a train change to Lucca, but no changes to Florence or no changes to Pisa and a change to Florence.

There are some transfers/tours between Lucca / Pisa and Florence - but none of them seem to start in Monterosso - or the Cinque Terre in general.

This link will connect you people who do private transfers between Pisa and Florence - if you contact them they may have offers for a Lucca and Florence or even from you departure point in Monterosso.

http://tours.discovertuscany.com/en/8357/Pisa-tours/Transfers-and-Ground-Transport/d520-g15

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

(Disclaimer: links above are affiliate links and any purchases made through those links support our site! thank you in advance ;) )

I would suggest Lucca first and then Pisa, because train travel between Lucca and Florence at the moment is interrupted at Montecatini, where you need to get a bus to Pistoia and then get back on the train. This is every day right now until September and then only weekends from then on, not knowing when you're coming thought to highlight the inconvenience of train travel between Lucca and Florence.

Tuscany

hi my nmae is Elizabeth i am british lady artist from Lancashire
i would love to visit Tuscany in October when my daughter is on half term break from college
i have already made contact with someone on air b and b or here, cant remeber which actually?
i had a prompt reply
and i would like to know please what the weather is like in Telamon in october, around the 27thoct
is it still nice and warm
i want to have a few days and maybe do some horse riding trecks and italian cooking
so if tgis particular accomodation doesnt work out, any advise on finding a few more would be appreciated.
i do not have a car .
so once there would be walking and using public transport.

which airport would i use to get to this place and how far is it to my destination thankyou

Tuscany in October

Buongiorno,

October can be a wonderful month to explore Tuscany - the last couple of years the weather has been quite mild (not the hot of the summer, yet we still weren't getting frost in the morning)

The only (small) downside is the days have considerably fewer daylight hours, so you need to program your activities accordingly.

I am going to guess you were speaking about Talamone, along the southern coast of Tuscany. The weather can still be warm and pleasurable in October, however, I don't know if it would be appropriate to say you can still go swimming.

If you are going to be relying on public transport, then you will want to be located in an area that gets good service and easy access to day trips or organized tours for horse back riding and cooking lessons. In that case I suugest you look at stay in in the city center of Florence, Siena or Lucca / Pisa.

Airbnb definitely offers a good service. I would also suggest you try browsing a site which puts you directly in contact with the owners - you will get great prices without a middle man commssions, and many times you will find that they are more flexible with their offers when you get them vis a vis.

Have a look at http://www.florenceaccommodation.com/

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise