www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st visit to Italy - 4 nights in Tuscany - Navigation/Itinerary Help Please!

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Looks great too! It is super close to Hotel Athena and has parking so similar options. Will keep it in mind for when we go back to Siena ;-). Yeah, we didn't stay in a room with a view at Athena, we weren't at the hotel long but did enjoy the views from the terrace.
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!

Michael Fedele is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default 10 day trip biggining in Rome

Hello, my wife and I are actually doing pretty much the same trip in October! We have 10 days. We arrive in Rome and would like to spend a few days there, as well as Tuscan countryside, Florence and up to Venice.

Do we have enough time? Would it make sense to do Rome, then Sienna, then Florence and finish the trip in Venice? We are thinking of just renting a car near Sienna and then taking the train for the rest of our travels.

We haven’t booked any accommodations yet so are flexible.

Thanks so much for any advice and info!

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    Lourdes, Donna:

Thank you both very much for your help. It seems like the rooms with a view at Hotel Athena are a little over what I would like to spend. I found another hotel nearby called Hotel Palazzo Ravizza, with rooms with a view for a bit closer to my budget. Any thoughts on that hotel?

Thanks.

Hey Mack, my wife and I are makin a pretty similar trip. Have you checked out Airbnb? Usually MUCH cheaper and unique experience.

DonnaDenise is offline Super Moderator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Default 10 days in Italy

Buongiorno,

Once you get here, 10 days will never seem like enough but there is a lot you can do in that time period.

Plan on 2 - 3 days Rome

5-6 days in Tuscany (divided into 2 in the city of Florence and 3 in the countryside) I won't even begin to tell you how much there is to see - it would just make your head spin! However, if you look through some of the itineraries at the link, they may help you plan out your time.

1-2 days in Venice

Rome in three days, catching a train later in the afternoon on the third day will max your time there and have you seeing most everything. Most hotels will hold your luggage, so you can plan on still doing stuff on the last day. Be sure to book if you want to see the Vatican. There is a fast train tht will have you in Florence super fast - just in time for a bistecca fiorentina

I would train it to Florence, stay there then pick up a car and move into the countryside for a few days, driving into Siena, Chianti, Val d'Orcia. You can then drop the car in Florence and catch a train to Venise (st. Lucia station)

Venice will probably be the most expensive part of the vacation, and you could do it with just one night if you wanted to. There is a train that leaves Florence early in the morning and has you in Venice before lunch.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

barongan is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaDenise View Post
    Buongiorno,

Once you get here, 10 days will never seem like enough but there is a lot you can do in that time period.

Plan on 2 - 3 days Rome

5-6 days in Tuscany (divided into 2 in the city of Florence and 3 in the countryside) I won't even begin to tell you how much there is to see - it would just make your head spin! However, if you look through some of the itineraries at the link, they may help you plan out your time.

1-2 days in Venice

Rome in three days, catching a train later in the afternoon on the third day will max your time there and have you seeing most everything. Most hotels will hold your luggage, so you can plan on still doing stuff on the last day. Be sure to book if you want to see the Vatican. There is a fast train tht will have you in Florence super fast - just in time for a bistecca fiorentina

I would train it to Florence, stay there then pick up a car and move into the countryside for a few days, driving into Siena, Chianti, Val d'Orcia. You can then drop the car in Florence and catch a train to Venise (st. Lucia station)

Venice will probably be the most expensive part of the vacation, and you could do it with just one night if you wanted to. There is a train that leaves Florence early in the morning and has you in Venice before lunch.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Donna Denise, thank you for this helpful information!!!