Travel from Florence to Tuscany?

Rofen54

4 Senior ladies planning visit May 2019. Allowing 4 nites in Florence. Is there a train to Tuscany so we could stay 2 nites before heading to Venice? Would prefer separate rooms in airbnb or house if you know of any..thanks

Florence vs Tuscany

Buongiorno,

He has a point ladies, Florence is the capital of Tuscany - so in theory, you are already there :cool:

However, I believe your question is: How do you go about getting a few days out of the city to explore the lovely Tuscany countryside.

There are a couple of places you could visit with the aid of public transport, taking you into Siena, San Gimignano or even Lucca (one of my favorites)

or you could stay in Florence and indulge in a couple of organized tours which would take you out of the city.

Lucca would be a lovely stop, you can stay in the city - which is quite a bit slower than Florence, and there are some lovely day trips, https://www.discovertuscany.com/lucca/easy-one-day-itineraries-around-lucca.html, which you could do (with public transport or get a driver for a day).

Siena is also another fantastic option - again it is smaller than Florence and offers a lovely historic town but in a more relaxed atmosphere. There are also several nice options here for day trips. I have also visited this little B&B on a vineyard within walking distance of the city - it was wonderful:

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise