Lido Di Camaiore

mr & mrs d

Hi,
We are coming to Italy next week for the first time and are staying at the above beach resort half board. Could anyone tell us how much it costs for meals & drinks on average?
Also how easy is it to visit Pisa and Florence and can we do this on public transport? And how much will it cost?
Always wanted to come to Italy - still can't believe we're coming!!
Thanks

Holidays in Lido di Camaiore

Dear Mr & Mrs D,

Lido di Camaiore is a nice and quiet city in Versilia. The beach is sandy and large and the water is clean. The weather will probably be warm and nice next week.

From Lido di Camaiore is not difficult to visit Pisa and Florence. The easiest way is moving by train from Viareggio, that is located about 5 km from Lido. In Viareggio you catch the train to Florence - about 1 hour and 30 and costs euro 6,70 one-way for 2nd class on regional trains - and to Pisa - about 20 minutes and costs euro 2,40 one-way for 2nd class on regional trains.
From Lido di Camaiore to Viareggio there is bus Q22 that takes about 15 minutes. There are several tickets as well as day passes, so it's better if you ask at the ticket office when you arrive. Here you find the Q22 bus schedules (from page 108 to 111).

Since you are in Lido di Camaiore and is your first time in Tuscany I suggest you visit Lucca, that is about 30 km far. It is one of the most famous and beautiful destinations in Tuscany. The historical center is enclosed in massive walls and is plenty of splendid sightseeings. Last year Forbes placed Lucca on second place of idyllic places where to live ;)

Regarding drinking and eating the average cost is quite large and depends on what you are eating and drinking and where you do it. Prices generally range from 10,00 to 30,00 euro per person. For a full meal (from starters to dessert including wine) I would say 30-50.00 euro per person; for a pizza with beer 15.00-20 euro per person; for a light lunch with pasta/salad and water about 10 euro per person.

I hope my suggestions answered your questions and helped you plan your trip to Italy. Don't hesitate to come back with any other question :)