Halal Food Recommendations in Tuscany

aafiak

Hi,

This is Aafia from Leeds, United Kingdom.
I have a plan to visit Tuscany in coming months, but before that I need some recommendations to plan my trip.
Right now I am looking for Halal Food or Halal restaurants recommendations in Tuscany?

Thanks in Advance! :)

This is an unusual request.

Basically Florentine butchery is the opposite of halal in that, especially with beef, the meat is hung for at least a certain period to maintain the blood. For a Fiorentina steak this is generally at least 30 days and there are many restaurants where the individual steaks are hung and there is not a drop of blood.

However, respecting your desire I would suggest you look at this link - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g187895-zfz10751-Florence_Tuscany.html

Most cities in Italy have an area where you can find halal butchers but I am not familiar which area this might be in Florence. Obviously they would be able to suggest appropriate restaurants.

I actually live in Como and like leg of lamb which is something missing from the Italian menu apart perhaps from Sardinia. When I want it I go to a halal butcher where it is always available.

Halal Butcher

Buongiorno,

This is indeed a very unique question - you may want to reach out to the Moschea that are in the area, I am sure they will be able to offer you some places:

http://www.moscheadifirenze.it/

Masjid Al-Taqwa, Address: Borgo Allegri, 64/red, 50122 Firenze FI

Moschea di Sorgane  Address: Via Livenza, 3, 50126 Firenze FI +39 329 891 2540

Centro Culturale Islamico MASJID, Address: Via Giovanni Targioni Tozzetti, 21, 50144 Firenze FI

I hope this gives you a place to start your search.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Buongiorno,

This is indeed a very unique question - you may want to reach out to the Moschea that are in the area, I am sure they will be able to offer you some places:

http://www.moscheadifirenze.it/

Masjid Al-Taqwa, Address: Borgo Allegri, 64/red, 50122 Firenze FI

Moschea di Sorgane  Address: Via Livenza, 3, 50126 Firenze FI +39 329 891 2540

Centro Culturale Islamico MASJID, Address: Via Giovanni Targioni Tozzetti, 21, 50144 Firenze FI

I hope this gives you a place to start your search.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Thanks for the recommendations. I am sure this going to help me a lot.

There is a halal butcher's shop very close to the Duomo on via dell'oriuolo, right before the corner of via del proconsolo. it has other products too.

There is another halal butcher/market on piazza del mercato centrale, 10 (directly in front of the main entrance).

As for restaurants, I found this list on The Fork: https://visitflorence.thefork.com/restaurant+halal+florence

Hi,

This is Aafia from Leeds, United Kingdom.
I have a plan to visit Tuscany in coming months, but before that I need some recommendations to plan my trip.
Right now I am looking for Halal Food or Halal restaurants recommendations in Tuscany?

Thanks in Advance! :)
Ristorante Toscanello Halal italian ristorante

Ah, Tuscany! The rolling hills, the vineyards, the charming towns bathed in golden sunlight... and now you can experience it all with delicious halal food options! Here are some recommendations to tantalize your taste buds:

Florence:
  • BD Halal Food: This hidden gem near the Duomo offers a variety of Middle Eastern and North African dishes, from flavorful shawarma wraps to fragrant tagines. Their falafel is a must-try!
  • Maddina Florence Tandoori Halal Restaurant: Craving Indian or Pakistani flavors? Maddina Florence has you covered with aromatic curries, sizzling kebabs, and fluffy naan bread. Be sure to try their signature lamb biryani.
Beyond Florence:
  • La Cucina di Ali (Lucca): This cozy restaurant in Lucca serves up authentic Moroccan cuisine with a Tuscan twist. Their couscous dishes are bursting with flavor, and their tagines are slow-cooked to perfection.
  • Ristorante Pizzeria Il Halal (Pisa): This family-run restaurant in Pisa offers a delightful mix of Italian and halal dishes. Their pizzas are made with fresh, local ingredients, and their pasta dishes are cooked to al dente perfection.

Last edited by a moderator: