www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Halal Food Recommendations in Tuscany

aafiak is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default Halal Food Recommendations in Tuscany

Hi,

This is Aafia from Leeds, United Kingdom.
    I have a plan to visit Tuscany in coming months, but before that I need some recommendations to plan my trip.
    Right now I am looking for Halal Food or Halal restaurants recommendations in Tuscany?

Thanks in Advance!

craigmillar is offline Senior Member - Expert about Tuscany

This is an unusual request.

Basically Florentine butchery is the opposite of halal in that, especially with beef, the meat is hung for at least a certain period to maintain the blood. For a Fiorentina steak this is generally at least 30 days and there are many restaurants where the individual steaks are hung and there is not a drop of blood.

However, respecting your desire I would suggest you look at this link - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...e_Tuscany.html

Most cities in Italy have an area where you can find halal butchers but I am not familiar which area this might be in Florence. Obviously they would be able to suggest appropriate restaurants.

I actually live in Como and like leg of lamb which is something missing from the Italian menu apart perhaps from Sardinia. When I want it I go to a halal butcher where it is always available.

DonnaDenise is offline Super Moderator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Default Halal Butcher

Buongiorno,

This is indeed a very unique question - you may want to reach out to the Moschea that are in the area, I am sure they will be able to offer you some places:

http://www.moscheadifirenze.it/

Masjid Al-Taqwa, Address: Borgo Allegri, 64/red, 50122 Firenze FI

Moschea di Sorgane  Address: Via Livenza, 3, 50126 Firenze FI +39 329 891 2540

Centro Culturale Islamico MASJID, Address: Via Giovanni Targioni Tozzetti, 21, 50144 Firenze FI

I hope this gives you a place to start your search.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

aafiak is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaDenise View Post
    Buongiorno,

This is indeed a very unique question - you may want to reach out to the Moschea that are in the area, I am sure they will be able to offer you some places:

http://www.moscheadifirenze.it/

Masjid Al-Taqwa, Address: Borgo Allegri, 64/red, 50122 Firenze FI

Moschea di Sorgane  Address: Via Livenza, 3, 50126 Firenze FI +39 329 891 2540

Centro Culturale Islamico MASJID, Address: Via Giovanni Targioni Tozzetti, 21, 50144 Firenze FI

I hope this gives you a place to start your search.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise
    Thanks for the recommendations. I am sure this going to help me a lot.

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

There is a halal butcher's shop very close to the Duomo on via dell'oriuolo, right before the corner of via del proconsolo. it has other products too.

There is another halal butcher/market on piazza del mercato centrale, 10 (directly in front of the main entrance).

As for restaurants, I found this list on The Fork: https://visitflorence.thefork.com/re...halal+florence
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!