www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Planning a fall trip to Tuscany

jamielallen is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default Planning a fall trip to Tuscany

My husband and I are planning a trip to Tuscany next fall. We're looking at September or October of 2019. I have family who have generously offered to let us use their timeshare, which is located in a remote vineyard setting. I'm wondering how feasible it is for us to rent a car and do day trips to Pisa, Florence, CT, etc. I'm thinking it's a great home base, but want to be realistic.

Has anyone done a similar trip before? I'm just wondering how easy it will be for us to navigate our way around?

Thank you in advance for any tips or advice you might have!

Jamie

craigmillar is online now Senior Member - Expert about Tuscany

You missed out perhaps the most crucial piece of information. Where is the timeshare located?

Sorry about that! It's located in Selvatelle, Terricciola, Italy.

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Are you concerned about driving or that the timeshare is in a remote setting?

I looked up the place and Selvatelle is a small town, the timeshare might not be in town but the area is passed by a large regional road (SR439) that heads south from Capannoli, and from there not far from the main road that heads to Florence (FI-PI-LI).

It is very central and definitely a good base for day trips!
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!

I think my main concern is the difficulty of driving in that area. Can two American tourists figure it out? LOL! I'm glad to hear it's a great location for a "home base" for a trip like this.