Quickest way to Florence

IrisG

Hi there, would you please advise the quickest way for us to Florence? We will be leaving from Club Med Pragelato Vialattea on 30th Dec and aiming to arrive at Florence before 1pm. Then we can have the full afternoon visiting Uffizi Galleries.

Originally we planned to do that on 31st Dec but suddenly realized that Uffizi Galleries will be closed on 31st. It was totally my mistake. We can only fully utilize 30th afternoon because we are leaving Florence on 1st Jan …… we planned to rent a car from Club Med Pragelato Vialattea in the early morning to Milan Central Station then take a train to Florence. Does it make sense? Or would you please advise us for a quickest way? Million thanks !!!

Traveling to Florence

Buongiorno

Two things to definitely keep in mind for this trip to Florence.

1) you will be traveling on a SUNDAY - all trains have special schedules for Sundays (called festivi), and they will most probably be busy in this period, so be sure to book ahead!

2) You don't ever want to drive to Milan (even on a Sunday the city is almost as much a nightmare as Roma when it comes to traffic)

My suggestion is to catch the train in Turin (Torino)to Milan and then connect and go to Florence. The Turin train is about an hour and then there are several fast trains to Florence from Milan.

Another tip, book your tickets to the museum in advance, but not too close to your train arrival time, you will not want to wait in line to see the museum - and you should always give the train a bit of time, just in case the weather is bad and it travels slower than normal.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

To add to the info you have already:

- the Uffizi will likely be open on December 31st as a special opening since it has in the last few years... but don't change your plans just yet based on this, since I haven't seen any official confirmation yet.

This is because it will most definitely be closed on January 1st so generally that's why it often has the special opening the day before. As soon as I have confirmation, I will post it across the site as additional info to have on hand ;)