Recapping our trip

JMFell

Tuscany was everything we thought it would be and more. We had a wonderful time staying in Castellina in Chianti and driving to various locations from there. We went to the Greve wine festival last week and it was a blast, I would recommend that to anyone going next September. We drove to Pisa for a day, understand it is kind of like driving to say Mt. Rushmore, you will go, spend the day behind the wall seeing the attractions and you will most likely never have a need to go to Pisa again. We spent two days driving into Florence, we parked at the Piazza de Michelangelo and walked down to the city both days. It is truly an amazing place to see Florence from. We did the Uffizi and Accademia in the same day, 11am for one and 3pm for the other....it was easy to do because we bought our tickets online in advance, which I highly recommend. The second day we went in about noon, did some shopping and took a cooking class from 5:30 to 9:00 in Florence, it was a ton of fun.

Glad to hear from you

Dear JMFell,

I'm happy to hear from you again. :)
Above all I'm glad to hear that you had a great time in Tuscany and you enjoy almost every moemnt while you were here.

What did you learn during your cooking class in Florence? Did you do wine tastings?

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us! :D

Good to hear from you and know you had a great time!! :)

So where did you do the cooking class and would you recommend it to others?

Aside from the wine festival, did you go do wine tastings at some wineries in Chianti? Glad to know you liked it (the festival) and recommend it. Did you make it to the coast as well?

Do share if you had particular likes/dislikes about places you went to or ate at :)

We did the cooking class at In Tovola, which is on a side street across from the Pitti Palace. It was great and I highly recommend it. We made a four course meal then enjoyed it a lot. We did not do a wine tasting but went to the Greve Wine Festival so I guess that kinda counts. It was wonderful as well. If you want to see my pictures from the trip go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/capecodphotos