two days in Tuscany

Lightning

Hi all:D
I'm visiting Milan early March and then i will have about two days to visit Tuscan. I've very interested in the views of the rural side of Tuscany where the farms as seen on the famous Tuscany photos. I need suggestions for the following:

Should i rent a car and drive from Milan? Or rent in Florence?
What is the best route plan? I want to see val d'orcia in particular.
Where to spend a night?

Thank you for supporting!...Cant wait to be there:)

Then the Val d'Orcia is the place you need to explore - and yes, a car will be definitely useful!

I recommend train from Milan to Florence, then rent a car out of Florence. You can take the tram from Florence's main train station to the Peretola airport and rent out of there. The convenience is that you avoid driving in the center of Florence, and that the A1 highway is right by the airport so you can easily leave the city and quickly.
Take the A1 down to Montepulciano and from there head westward. I suggest either staying in Pienza or San Quirico for your 2 nights and just drive around and explore the area, that way you get to enjoy all the views of what is generally seen as Tuscany on postcards and movies ;-).

Great, thank you for the tips
....so you mean I rent the car from florence airport abd start.....
Another thing, is spending a night in val d'orcia a good idea?

YES! Pienza and San Quirico are in the Val d'Orcia, that is what I was suggesting -- you stay there those 2 nights so you get to really see the area :D

Thank you for helping me.....picked a car from the airport....its amazing just like a dream....just wow
Thank you again for helping me...