Day trip to Siena

Marion

Hi, I'm planning a day trip to Siena in May, travelling by bus from Florence and I want to plan my own itinerary rather that be rushed through everything. I'd be grateful for any recommendations. Thanks.

Do it! The city is so picturesque that you wouldn't really need to schedule an itinerary; just stroll around and see the architectural sights. Hang out in the piazza for a bit to see the buildings there. The Palazzo Publicco is certainly worth the price of admission, if that is of interest. The view from the loggia facing east is incredible, not to mention everything else inside the building.
Of course, if you enter the Duomo, it is amazing. The inlaid floors and other ornamentation on the interior and exterior are incredible to see.
Visiting the chapel and underground area inside Santa Maria della Scala was also something we really enjoyed on our first trip to Siena, so much so that we visited again on our second visit to the city.
The Pinacoteca has many excellent paintings, especially the Italo-Byzantine ones from the 1300's.
We had to make a second visit, because we liked Siena so much, and there was more than we were able to see on our first visit. Whatever you choose to spend your time doing there will leave you with memories...

Like Uomo Grasso, Siena is one of my favorite places and I also recommend spending time there!

The Piazza del Campo, Palazzo Pubblico, the climb up the Torre del Mangia, the Duomo (I also recommend getting the pass that gives you access to Baptistery, Crypt and Museum) are the bare minimum you should do!

We are sure you will love the time spent there :)