www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Planning a trip to Cinque Terre: car or train?

Default Planning a trip to Cinque Terre: car or train?

Hi,
    As I am planning my upcoming trip to Tuscany, I realized that many are considering trip to Cinque Terre as part of their trip plan to the area.
    I would appreciate receiving your advise on a day tour to Cinque Terre.
    Is it recommended to get there by car? ( We will stay close to Siena )?
    How about train? Once arrived, is it possible to move from one place to another without a car? What is the hiking trail? Is it something hard and how long does it take?
    As written, I need some information to plan the trip.
    Thanks!
    Nir

Default Cinque Terre in one day

Dear Nir,

Cinque Terre is certainly a beautiful destination, but you have to consider that is not so close as you think. Of course nothing is impossible, so you can organize a day trip to Cinque Terre but I'd like you consider that:
    - the best way to go to Cinque Terre is by train, since driving is quite difficult and is a longer way.
    - train from Florence to Cinque Terre takes 2 hours and half and you have to consider the trip from your accommodation to Florence (about 1 hour?)

So if you want to visit Cinque Terre in a day you'll have to consider waking up really early and coming back home really late, since you'll have at least 5 hours journey. It can be really tiring and maybe not funny. I would suggest you spend there a night to really enjoy the place.

Anyway, I recommend you read these threads where you have information about moving around in Cinque Terre and information for a
    day trip from Florence. I also suggest you read our weekend in Cinque Terre experience.

I hope this helps you planning your Italian holidays!
    Like Discover Tuscany forum? Follow us on Facebook!

Default Thanks!

Thanks much!
    Nir

Dear Nir,

You're welcome! Don't hesitate to ask any other question and I hope you'll share your experience with us.
    Like Discover Tuscany forum? Follow us on Facebook!

Share and Bookmark!