Wine tour recommendations leaving from Siena

NJ Wine Lover

My husband and I are heading to Italy in a few weeks. We have tours of Chianti and Brunello scheduled, but we are looking for another wine tour (possibly a half day) that would leave from and return to Siena. We are not renting a car. We would greatly appreciate any recommendations you may have. Thanks in advance for your advice!

how about a wine tour to San Gimignano?

Ciao NJ Wine Lover and welcome to the Forum!

If you're just looking for a short half day wine tour from Siena then we'd recommend staying pretty close to the area. Since you're already going to the Montalcino area for Brunello, you might consider a tour centered around the other big red wine in the area, the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.

Or how about trying out a tour around the Vernaccia di San Gimignano, a white wine made in the area surrounding San Gimignano?

As for specific recommendations, we suggest taking a look at the tours offered here:
http://www.partner.viator.com/en/8357/travel-tips/Tours-in-Tuscany/ttd
While many start in Florence (most popular), I am sure there might be a possibility to start the tour from Siena.

Hope this information is useful in your planning! :)

Siena and the Chianti area.

My husband and I are heading to Italy in a few weeks. We have tours of Chianti and Brunello scheduled, but we are looking for another wine tour (possibly a half day) that would leave from and return to Siena. We are not renting a car. We would greatly appreciate any recommendations you may have. Thanks in advance for your advice!

We are able to offer you full or half day private guided wine tours to Chianti area, with departure from Siena. You can check our proposal at http://www.vinaio.com/en/travel_list.asp?Categoria=1

Last edited:
Thank you both for your responses. We're red lovers, so we would be interested in more red rather than white. I visited the Vinarium site and noticed a Montepulciano tour. I was wondering if a half day tour is feasible from Siena, leaving out Pienza as we will be going there another day. Thanks in advance!