Gaiole in Chianti Festival

Muiris

Hi all. There is a festival every year in Giole in Chianti, with ballroom type dancingin the street. When my wife and I were there (25 years ago) it was early October. Does anyone know if it is still going on, and if so what time of the year? I would be so grateful to get information on this.

That sounds lovely!

I wasn't able to find anything, but I'm afraid it isn't still done in Gaiole since the first part of October the entire town is taken over by the l'Eroica bike race - the first edition was in 1987 and has only grown and grown. If you don't know about the Eroica, it could be an interesting event to consider seeing. It is basically a bike race on unpaved roads in the area in OLD bikes, in OLD cyclist clothes. It is sort of a historical reenactment of bike races from 30 years ago. If you want to know more info, check out the website: https://eroica.cc/it/gaiole/festival-eroica-gaiole

Being wine country, it is likely it somehow was tied to wine and the harvest and in the summer events take place almost every weekend, even smaller events that are not advertised high and low. I would recommend thinking about planning a trip in September, when it is likely there are more events and you'll be able to enjoy the town and its wines!