www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Giole in Chianti

Muiris is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default Giole in Chianti

Hi all. There is a festival every year in Giole in Chianti, with ballroom type dancingin the street. When my wife and I were there (25 years ago) it was early October. Does anyone know if it is still going on, and if so what time of the year? I would be so grateful to get information on this.

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

That sounds lovely!

I wasn't able to find anything, but I'm afraid it isn't still done in Gaiole since the first part of October the entire town is taken over by the l'Eroica bike race - the first edition was in 1987 and has only grown and grown. If you don't know about the Eroica, it could be an interesting event to consider seeing. It is basically a bike race on unpaved roads in the area in OLD bikes, in OLD cyclist clothes. It is sort of a historical reenactment of bike races from 30 years ago. If you want to know more info, check out the website: https://eroica.cc/it/gaiole/festival-eroica-gaiole
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!