Need Some Suggestions to visit Italy

Visiting Italy

Buongiorno -

WOW - that is a pretty broad area so I will give you a pretty generic answer to start with: the main highlights for a trip around Italy include Roma, Napoli, the Amalfi coast, Venezia, Milano e Tuscany. You will note that I just gave you 4 cities and two general areas (Amalfi & Tuscany). Some would add Sicily to the mix, very beautiful with much to enjoy.

If I were to explore Italy, especially with limited time, I would probably break it down into small trips - though for many it is very popular to do two weeks, flying into Rome (3 days), train it to Tuscany (Florence for 3 days and the countryside/vineyards for 5 - 7 days) and then train it to Venice (for 2 days).

While in Florence you will be tantalized by a long list of churches, monuments, and museums that are just amazing. This city is known as Renaissance City because of the architecture, the artists that it produced and the culture that just permeates every aspect of life in the city.

After one has explored the city, then the countryside demands its time - between the landscapes, the wines and the adorable small towns you have quite the adventure in front of you. Pisa and Lucca are a classic one day trip, Siena should definitely be on your radar, as are the areas of Chianti and Val d'Orcia. If you have the time, I am partial to the Arezzo area, especially going into the Casentino Valley.

I hope this gives you a start to planning your visit - we are here if you have more questions about Tuscany !!

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise