www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Help with itinerary staying in Lucca area.

Angiek26 is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default Help with itinerary staying in Lucca area.

Hi There,
    Myself & best friend are attending another friends wedding next September, We are staying at Fattoria Mansi B&B il Fienile, Need advice on easiest way to get there from Pisa airport we will be landing around 9.30pm.
    2 nights there, then where to base ourselves to see some tourist sites? would like to go to Florence, Lucca, Pisa, we have 2 and a half days to do that don't really want to hire a car. We fly home from Pisa Sunday @ 4pm.
    Many Thanks in advance
    Angie

DonnaDenise is offline Super Moderator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Default Two and a half days for the sites

Buongiorno,

The first thing I recommend it that you ask the B&B for the best way to arrive at that hour, they most probably have an insiders scoop on the public transport, which I will be very honest with you - doesn't look like much of an option at that hour.

As for your two days, I would definitely go down to Lucca after the wedding and explore the town (sleep a night here). The city is charming and you could spend the entire day roaming around - however if you want there are several day trips you could make without transport (check out this article (my favorite place is the Villa Reale): http://www.discovertuscany.com/lucca...und-lucca.html)

You could then train it over to Florence - which will definitely take a full day to explore. Depending on your likes and preferences, this link will give you a lot of itinerary ideas: http://www.visitflorence.com/itineraries-in-florence/

Sleep the night here in Florence and then the next day head over to explore the Square of Miracles in Pisa before catching your flight.

Buon Viaggio

Donna Denise