March Visit

Waether in March

Buongiorno,

To be honest, I can give you a general idea - but the weather has been so variable in the last 10 years, it is just hard to predict.

It will still be cold (we have experienced snowstorms all the way into late April) so definitely be prepared to dress in layers. And it can be quite wet, so a raincoat or windbreaker will be a good thing to have with you.

But March can also provide some stunning sunny days to enjoy the Tuscan landscape - so be prepared to be wowed!

Great time to visit the museums in Florence, Pisa, and Siena.

https://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-weather/average-temperatures-tuscany.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Thanks for the info on the spring weather expectations.

We're planning on being in Tuscany for 9 days. We'll probably spend 4 days in Florence. I'm looking for ideas for where to go for the next 5 days. My wife is an artist and intends to spend some time painting. She'll be interested in painting life in Tuscany; buildings, old homes, cafe scenes, people, etc.
1. What other cities do you recommend we visit and for how long?
2. Is it best to rent a car for traveling outside of Florence? I've read that parking is a problem in the city and a car isn't really needed. But what about seeing the country and other small cities?
3. Any recommendations on outdoor activities such as hiking, bike riding?

Thanks!
Mick

Art in Tuscany

Buongiorno,

Amazing ! Coming to Tuscany for inspiration!

So a few of my number one cities would include Lucca - Arezzo, and Cortona (where you will find a thriving artist community!)

These places all have quite little streets and great coffee shops where you can do some serious people-watching.

I would also suggest getting a car, the days are still short on sunlight - and public transportation will not always have great hours to catch the best sun. Parking can be a hassle, but not so much in the cooler months as in the warm months. All three of the places I mentioned above have ample public parking - which can easily be identified with a big blue sign with a white letter "P" in the middle.

As for outdoor ideas, check out this link on a bunch of ideas for spring time: https://www.discovertuscany.com/what-to-do-in-tuscany/top-5-things-to-do-in-spring.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise