Tuscany holiday 2021

Keith&Sharon

Good Morning,
We are seeking advice on a holiday we are planning next year, we have visited Siena before but next year we would like to fly to Rome for 3 nights first, then travel by train to Lucca for 3 nights, from Lucca we would visit Florence by train.

In Lucca we would like to hire a car and travel to San Gimignano for one night then to Siena for 6 nights before returning to Yorkshire from Pisa.

We wondered if anyone had done similar to this and if there was a better running order to accommodate our plans.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I have used Europecar, on several occasions - the only issue I have had is that they usually don't open until 9am. Other than that the ability to arrange a car online and communicate directly with to local agency has worked well. I assume that you will return the car to the same location - although I would imagine it could be possible to arrange to return it to another Europcar location. I only mention this because their hours were limited. Since my rentals were for a single day I had to plan my departures and returns accordingly.

Best wishes

I think the order of things sounds good - Rome first, then Lucca (see Florence by train from there) and only after rent a car to travel to SG and Siena.
As far as the rental car goes, though, it might be easier -- and more cost-effective -- to look into renting out of Pisa airport since that is where it will more convenient for you to return the car to at the end of your trip. You can easily take the train from Lucca to Pisa and from there to the airport to pick up the car.

Let us know if you have any other questions! I know it is a particular year to be planning travel but we are all hoping 2021 will be better. We don't believe it will be back to "normal" but definitely better.