Drive time florence to Radda

PFluer

Hi i wanted some advice on drive time/ duration from florence to Radda (car). we can leave anytime after 2pm on a tuesday - is there a departure time you recomend depending on any traffic? mtks for your advice.

recommend taking the Chiantigiana road

Ciao PFluer,

We did this drive about two weeks ago, taking the scenic Via Chiantigiana from Florence and driving down through Greve and stopping in Panzano for lunch. That took about 45 minutes. We continued on to Radda and that was a short ride, about 15 minutes or less. So overall I would say it is about an hour ride. I've mapped the route we took on Google maps and it more or less confirms it (depends on your departure point in Florence, of course). Definitely recommend you take this road to make it a relaxing ride and avoid the Florence-Siena road unless you are in a hurry. There usually isn't that much traffic on this road aside from what you'll find as you enter into the small villages along the way and later in the day, around 5-6pm when any commuters leave Florence at the end of their work day. So don't worry about traffic and take your time to enjoy the Chianti landscape, especially as you reach Greve and then all the way to Radda :)