go to Siena and Montepulciano ?

Nathalie

I plan to visit Firenze in July. I would like to visit also Siena and Montepulciano.
Could you please let me know if there is a bus or train to travel to these cities ?
Could you give me a schedule or the name of site on which I can find the information ?

I thank you in advance for your answer.

Day trips from Florence to Siena and Montepulciano

Hello Nathalie!

The Tuscan cities you are going to visit are indeed among the most beautiful art cities of all Italy ;)

I suppose you are going to base yourself in the beautiful Renaissance city of Florence, and in case you’ve not already decided where to stay, I suggest you have a look at the following list of high quality accommodations in and near the historical center:
http://www.florenceaccommodation.com/

The wonderful city of Siena, renowned worldwide for its Palio race, can be easily reached from Florence’s Santa Maria Novella train station in less than 1 hour and half train ride; you can check train timetables as well as tickets fares at this link.
You’ll find that Siena is really a beautiful and unique medieval city. The famous Piazza del Campo, with its unusual shape, and the majestic Torre del Mangia will surely impress you!
You can find useful information about Siena on this page.

You can reach the beautiful hilltop town of Montepulciano, located to the south of Siena, by taking a train from Siena train station to Chiusi-Chianciano Terme station. Once there, take the bus that will take you right in Montepulciano’s historical center.

Here is the link to check SITA bus schedules to move around the province of Siena, while on this page you can find a little guide to Montepulciano and its attractions, including some beautiful photos.

In case you also need some good suggestions on where to sleep or on any other matter, feel free to contact us again :)

Enjoy your Tuscan trip!