Tuscany and Florence with little children

nemethf

Ciao!

I'm very happy to find this great forum. We just booked a flight to Pisa to spend one week with my wife and our two daughters (2 and 5 years old). We'd like to visit Firenze for one day. My idea is to rent bikes with additional child seat. Do you know where can we find a rental service with this option? Or can somebody suggest an other easy way to visit Firenze with little children ?

rent bikes or use a stroller for the two!

Ciao Ferenc and welcome to our forum - hope you're finding the information already on here useful!

Visiting Florence on bike would be a great way to get around in general - but I have to admit that the monuments and squares in Florence are all concentrated in the area between Ponte Vecchio - Piazza della Signoria - Piazza Duomo that you don't really need the bikes to get around. This is all so close together that you might spend more time locking and parking them again two blocks later than actually walking the distance!

On the other hand, you can rent the bikes and ride around all of Florence's center just stopping and looking around without getting off along the way - then head back to those places you want to explore more where you do stop and look around more.

In that case, you can rent bikes from this bike rental place which offers rentals of five hours as well as full day, then return the bikes and head back to those places you want to see from the inside! They have child seats available on the city bikes.

Another easy option to get around and visit the city (not just Florence) would be to have one of those strollers that allow an older child to ride standing between the handle bars on the back, with the foot rest right behind the basket (like this one).

Hope you're having fun planning your family's vacation in Tuscany! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask :)