Public transport in Tirrenia

Watson

Hi everybody!

Can anybody tell me how to get from Pisa airport to Tirrenia (somewhere near Cosmopolitan golf resort)?
Thank you in advance.

Bus from Pisa downtown to Tirrenia

Are you coming before June 30? I ask because that's when the local Pisa bus company changes its time tables from "winter" to "summer" schedule and therefore the times change.

The bus you want leaves from near the Pisa train station so from the airport you'll need to either take the 10 min train to the Pisa Centrale station or the RED bus line (called LAM Rossa) that takes you to the central bus station (runs every 15 min - timetables here). From there, you'll catch bus line 10 that goes to Tirrenia and on to Livorno.

Assuming you're coming after June 30, this is the weekly schedule - line 10 and this the Sunday schedule - line 10. Otherwise, you can access the timetables for June from this page on the CPT website.

In Tirrenia, the bus makes various stops along the main street called Viale del Tirreno. The best stop should be the central stop at Piazza Belvedere, from there I think you should be able to take a taxi (or walk, about 15 min) to the resort. Here's a map of this last part.

Thank you very much!
I am coming in September. Can I get by without a car there or it's rather difficult?

bus and train is possible to get around

You can certainly get around by bus in the immediate surroundings - and for longer day trips, you can head back to Pisa by bus and then use the train to move around to Lucca, Florence or Siena, for example.

Depends whether you want to spend most of your time at the resort and relax by the sea and just a few days of traveling around, then bus+train would be fine. If you want to head further away from the area, a car would definitely be useful to cut back on travel times. So totally depends on what you'd like to do during your holiday and how many days total you have!