Journey time from Pisa Airport to Barga

Gustybrae

My wife and I arrive Pisa airport at, hopefully, 1430 nd have to pick up a hire car. We have a Villino booked and have to book in before 1700. Question:- Will my wife (who is doing the driving due to suffering travel sickness when not driving) get us to Barga by the said time? I shall be doing the map reading, no comment from lady readers please!!!!!!

If you don't get lost, it is a fairly predictable 1 hour 20 minutes. The key is to take the Autostrada (green signs) not the N road (blue signs) out of the airport. Having found Lucca from the Autostrada, follow for Castelnuovo di Garfagnana or 'Castelnuovo G' until you see the signs to Barga.

Pisa to Barga in 1.5hr at the most

As timsoane has suggested, take the autostrada from the airport towards Lucca, then follow signs for Castelnuovo which takes you into the Garfagnana's main road. Barga is across from Gallicano, so at some point you have to cross the river on your right and head north on the right side of the river but by that point you'll see signs.
You definitely have enough time, take it slow and calmly and you'll do fine! Email the villa people a few days ahead of time and tell them you're arriving for sure, just in case, they'll be reassured you're on your way in case something comes up along the way to delay.

Re: Pisa to Barga in 1.5hr at the most

As timsoane has suggested, take the autostrada from the airport towards Lucca, then follow signs for Castelnuovo which takes you into the Garfagnana's main road. Barga is across from Gallicano, so at some point you have to cross the river on your right and head north on the right side of the river but by that point you'll see signs.
You definitely have enough time, take it slow and calmly and you'll do fine! Email the villa people a few days ahead of time and tell them you're arriving for sure, just in case, they'll be reassured you're on your way in case something comes up along the way to delay.

Very many thanks for your input. I do have a map, obviously, but not sure of the state of the roads etc. No doubt I will be asking some more questions shortly. A terrific site.

you're welcome! :)

Yes, you never know whether you'll find traffic or temporary road work that is unforeseen along the way so delays can be possible. That is why if the villa people know for sure you're coming having heard from you a few days before, they will wait a bit and not just assume you aren't arriving.

Glad you're finding the site useful - we'll help in any way we can, when we can! :) Hope you're enjoying the trip planning, so much of the trip itself is the planning what to do/see and our expectations - which I hope you'll find exceeded by reality by the time you get here! :D