Tuscany Trip Need Help !!!!!

masterel

Hi to all,

We are visiting Tuscany area for 7days from 27/7 to 3/8 and we have already booked the following:

5 nights to Castelnuovo Berardenga (near Siena) where we want to explore the area around (e.g. visit to Siena, Florence). We have rented a car for this purpose. Can you recommend me any more places of interest to visit in this area??

1 night in Elba island (which i think is not enough). Again any places of interest to see on the island in one day?

1 night in Pisa (our last night) which we booked here since our departure is early in the morning from Pisa airport.

So my basic question is: Are the 5 days in Castelnuovo Berardegna too many to explore the area? Is it worth it to sacrifice one day out of five and spend it on the island of Elba?? (i.e.2 days in Elba?)

Thank you in advance for your help and looking forward for your responses.

yes, add one more day to Elba!

One day in Elba is definitely too little - it takes about 3-4 hours to get there along (driving plus ferry plus driving to wherever you are on the island) and you'll use up a lot of your time on that..... so even if there is a lot to do in Chianti as well (because you could definitely fill up the 5 days without a problem), I'd definitely move one more day over to Elba since you're already including it in your itinerary.

With 4 days in Castelnuovo Berardenga and of those at least 1 day dedicated to Florence and another to Siena, you have 2 other days to fill up (easy part ;)). I'd recommend 1 day spent driving around Chianti wine region and its hilltowns making your way to San Gimignano by evening time, magical place more so at night when lots of the crowds leave... and the other day driving south toward Montepulciano and cutting across to Montalcino, stopping in Pienza and San Quirico.... this is the Val d'Orcia area, you'll love the landscapes, many "postcards from Tuscany" are from this area!

You'll love Tuscany, on your itinerary you'll be seeing a good amount of the various landscapes - do let us know which one is your favorite!! :D