How to get a driver?

tiffanys

I am looking at staying in a villa in tuscany, not sure where (any recommendations)..so thinking of getting a hire car while we are in tuscany and heard that you can get a driver. Where would I look into this and how much would it cost. Thanks Tiffanys

car with driver is a possibility....

Ciao Tiffanys,

If you want to rent a villa, it will likely be out in the countryside and therefore a car will definitely be a necessity. If you don't want to drive yourself, you can look for a car with driver and arrange directly with the driver times for outings and more. Maybe the most cost effective solution will be to arrange day trips, not necessarily every single day but on specific days - if you're in Tuscany for the summer and staying for a whole week at a villa with a pool, you might want to spend several days at the villa relaxing and resting, enjoying the sun! so you can alternate between days at the villa with day trips out where you can get the driver.

I don't know anyone in particular to recommend from this point of view though --- if you search on google for "car with driver in tuscany" or "in florence", you'll likely find many you can contact and ask price estimates for. Just consider that you should likely figure out first an area where you want to stay in, so that you can ask for an estimate based on an approximate actual location. It will make a difference whether you are just outside of Florence and you hire a car with driver right out of Florence, or if you are in Siena and hire someone from that area.

As for areas to stay in -- how many days, when are you planning to come and how many people?
Many villas are rented as a whole and not as separate rooms so are only doable with larger groups... while some rent pieces of the villa or farmhouse as separate apartments and just share the common areas (like the pool).
In general, Chianti and area south of Siena are very good, central areas to stay in, but both require a car. You can take a look at this page to start looking for a villa: http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/tuscany-villas/

Do write back and let us know some more details, we might be able to provide some other tips and suggestions for your search!

Ciao,

thanks for your help so far. We will most likely stay for 7 days and I would like some days for relaxation. I will look into villas in the area that you have suggested and google as well. Thanks Donna.

Is living in Tuscany affordable to middle class people? I wanted to know about the accommodations and renting services before going there for a vacation. Can you please help?