Is anyone familiar with Impruneta?

gnadeau

Our first night in Tuscany, we are staying at the Hotel Bellavista in Impruneta. Is anyone familiar with this town or the hotel? Any suggestions for best way to get there from the Florence airport? Thanks in advance!

We will have a rental car.

Last edited:
Impruneta is easy to get to from the Florence airport

Ciao gnadeau,

As mentioned in my other post, from the airport you shouldn't have too many problems to get to Impruneta. Avoid entering Florence, head toward the A1 Nord exit as soon as you leave the airport - turn right at the stoplight right outside the airport. Take the A1 towards Rome, 2 exits later exit at "Firenze Impruneta" and from there follow signs to Impruneta.

Don't know Bellavista but it seems you're right in the center of the small town - the hotel's website says there's a bus from here to Florence and there is free parking nearby - maybe you can use this parking as a base and the bus to get into Florence on those days you're planning day trips into the city rather than driving to Piazzale Michelangelo :) or try both, see which one you think is easier - and then let us know! :D

Make sure to visit the church and museum right in front of the hotel, it was an important stop during the middle ages for pilgrims heading to Rome. The immediate area is well known for its terracotta, so make sure to get something to take back :) You're also in Chianti, so there are wineries, vineyards and great food - even your hotel has its own restaurant!

Lourdes, thank you so much for your reply. As luck would have it, our plans have completely changed because our accommodation has apparently severed their relationship with the time share exchange company. So I've cancelled the rental car and found a reasonably-priced hotel in Florence. So now it looks like my daughter and I will be spending most of the week in Florence, and taking public transportation for any forays into the countryside or other towns. I'm a bit disappointed because I was looking forward to the adventure of driving through Tuscany!

I do have another question--without a rental car, what is the best way to get from the airport to the train station area?

Thanks in advance!

Gnadeau

oh no!

Sorry to hear that all of your plans have changed so suddenly, I know it is disappointing since you were already imagining the trip in a certain way! :(

But you will have a great time in Tuscany regardless! Using Florence as your base will work out well without a car. From Florence, you can take the train to Pisa, Lucca and Arezzo while the bus is better for trips to San Gimignano or Siena.

As for getting downtown from the Florence airport, if you don't have too much luggage to make it a real pain, you could catch the bus shuttle called Vola in Bus which takes you to the SMN train station... it is ok as long as your hotel is within walking distance from the SMN station.
See details here: http://www.visitflorence.com/getting-to-florence/by-air.html
If you have several items of luggage that make traveling by bus difficult or your hotel is further from the train station, I suggest just catching a taxi. Should be fixed rate of 20 euros plus 1 euro per suitcase.

Thank you Lourdes! We would certainly love to meet you once we get there :). You have been so helpful. We won't have too much luggage, so your suggestion to take the bus from the airport sounds perfect. Our hotel is less than 2 blocks from the train station.

We are so excited!

:D

:eek: Glad to be of help! Looking forward to hearing how everything turns out: your excitement is contagious and wish I could tag along to at least say hi :) Alas, small baby and work are keeping me pretty busy these days.