www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Driving to & parking in Sienna

Red face Driving to & parking in Sienna

My husband & I are driving from Lucca to Sienna to meet friends travelling down from Florence by bus (we think this is the best way)
    We have a few questions:
    Where would be the easiest place to meet up with these friends - out of Sienna at a designated bus stop, or in the centre of Sienna?
    Of course we will have to park outside - to the north & for free preferably. Any suggestions?

If this gets too difficult we may just visit them in Florence & will also ned to find the best place to park outside.

Thanks

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Since you're arriving by different means and schedules, I'd say the easiest is to arrange a time by which to meet in the center of Siena.
    One of the best places would be right in front of the cathedral - right in front is the Santa Maria della Scala complex, it has a long bench along the whole way of the side of the building where people sit on and from which you can take pictures. You can arrange to meet there at a certain time, such as noon. Then you can head to lunch together ;-)
    I suggest this rather than the Piazza del Campo because it is smaller and less crowded - you just have that long wall, you can tell them to stay close to the corner that places most of the cathedral to their right as you're facing the cathedral - that way, whoever arrives first has a bench to sit at and a great view while waiting ;-).

Parking in Siena isn't hard to find, but most of it is not free anymore.... the free spots are quite a walk downtown, but there are also buses - take a look here at the green P's: http://www.discovertuscany.com/siena...-in-siena.html
    In the beginning stages of planning to come to Tuscany? Make sure to read Where to Stay in Tuscany WITH a car and Where to Stay in Tuscany WITHOUT a car for ideas on where to stay in Tuscany. Also read When to Visit Tuscany to decide when is the best times for your visit.

Share and Bookmark!

Share and Bookmark!