Help me please!!

Louise Averre

My husband and I would love to travel to Tuscany for a week this June. We would like to see Florence, Pisa, Volterra and do some hiking/cycling in the region. Is it possible to do all this without having to hire a car? Also where would be best to base ourselves? Thanks Louise

Ciao Louise,

You can definitely see Florence and Pisa easily without a car, but Volterra is a little harder to reach without one. The hiking and cycling really depends on whether you want to do it on your own or not since if you do, you would really need the car to get to the trailheads..... but there are also agencies that organize cycling and hiking tours. So what do you think you'd prefer?
If you're car-less, Florence or Siena would be good bases but if you have a car, I'd suggest staying in the countryside between Florence and Siena.

biking trails around San Gimignano and Volterra

Hello.
If you are looking for biking trails and tracks in Tuscany maybe I can suggest you this new website of mine, ridemontaione.com (I hope I am not transgressing any rule of this forum posting links, in case I beg pardon to administrators), where we have just tracked, described and took pictures of some amazing trails where you can explore this part of Tuscany.

I agree that if you are staying out of town, you should rent a car, moving from one little village to another one (which is a must in Tuscany) is harder without car, and with a car you can have the best frm your holiday.
I hope you' ll like it and have fun :)

Hello.
If you are looking for biking trails and tracks in Tuscany maybe I can suggest you this new website of mine, ridemontaione.com (I hope I am not transgressing any rule of this forum posting links, in case I beg pardon to administrators), where we have just tracked, described and took pictures of some amazing trails where you can explore this part of Tuscany.

I agree that if you are staying out of town, you should rent a car, moving from one little village to another one (which is a must in Tuscany) is harder without car, and with a car you can have the best frm your holiday.
I hope you' ll like it and have fun :)

Cycling around in tuscany is an awesome experience and my compliments for sharing such a useful bit of information,

Grazie Mille, i will definetely try it this summer when I go to Firenze.

Saluti!

Johnny.