Getting to Panzano in Chianti

I will be flying in to Florence and then I need to find my way to a villa near the village of Panzano near Greve in Chianti. Could you please forward me some information on the best way to get there by bus or train?
Or suggest other transport, timetables, bus or train stations etc.
Best regards,
Maureen

Hello,
Panzano in Chianti cannot be reached by train so you'll need to get there by bus.

When you arrive into Florence, you can either take a taxi or the "Vola in Bus" bus shuttle to the center of Florence. The bus shuttle takes you to the main train station, Santa Maria Novella where you'll find the main hub for the SITA buses that go to all parts of Tuscany just a few hundred meters away in front of the train station. From here you'll need to take the SITA bus to Panzano.

You can see the schedule here: http://www.acvbus.it/orari/365.pdf (the ones with a "27" at the top of the column only run on school days).

This is the Florence - Chianti line (goes through Greve in Chianti, Panzano in Chianti, Gaiole and Castellina in Chianti). As you can see, there are many in the afternoon and none after 8.30 p.m.

If you plan to move a bit while you are in Panzano using the SITA bus, it might be convenient to buy a weekly pass since you pay according to kilometers you travel. Make sure to ask at the SITA bus station when you are in Florence, they should have English speakers to help you select the best ticket while you are here. More information on tariffs can also be found here: Autolinee Chianti Valdarno

The main SITA website is at: SITA S.p.A. but as soon as you select "chianti" area it will send you to the other site I listed at the top.

I hope this information has been helpful, if you need help with the Italian on these sites let me know and I will try to help as best I can.

Regards

Last edited: