Bus to Florence American Cemetery

annie

I will be in Florence on Sunday, May 11. I have looked everywhere for solid info on where to getbus and where to get off. I see bus symbols in front of the cemetery on Google maps but don't find a stop listed in the schedules. I am on a cruise so have to be very sure of my times so I don't miss the ship! I hope it can be done, even without must Italian language skill.
Thanks,
Annie

Ciao Annie,

Will you be getting to Florence with the tour offered by the cruise? How about you arranging your own transportation into Florence, such as through this:
http://www.partner.viator.com/en/83...ound-trip-Private-Transfers/d519-5292LIVORNO4
and then having them make the stop along the way as you arrive into Florence, so that you can then enjoy the rest of the time you have seeing the sights?

Otherwise, time will be limited - the buses that stop in front are no longer "city" buses from Florence so you'll need to change buses and do at 2. The easiest will be to catch buses from SMN train station - but your cruise tour might drop you far from it so you might have to take a taxi to save some time. A taxi to the cemetery directly? it is about 17km away, you could also consider that... maybe not the cheapest solution but definitely more convenient.

As for buses: go back to Google Maps - if you map out DIRECTIONS from Florence to "Cimitero degli Americani" and clikc on the public transportation icon, you will see all the results of the possible buses you can take and which ones to change to.

Good luck!!