Wine tasting via public transport in Chianti

Lauralanthalasa

I will be travelling to Tuscany on holiday with my family in September (there are 4 of us) and whilst spending a couple of days in Siena we wish to head into the Chianti region to do some wine tasting. For obvious reasons we don't want to have to travel by car and would prefer to do so by bus but are aware that public transport can be limited...

I would love to visit the Castello di Brolio but am I correct in thinking this can only be accessed by car? Are there similar places that can be reached by bus from Siena? We also don't wish to be sat on a hot bus for too long so would rather avoid going as far north as Greve; Gaiole looks a lovely place to visit if anyone could suggest a good castle/vineyard in the vicinity. We are all quite adventurous and don't mind a walk to places a little off the beaten track, we just don't want to have to get behind the wheel after drinking or (God forbid) have one person miss out!

Open to any and all suggestions! :D

There are buses but there aren't that many, not at the right hour. I would suggest to just look at the 3 pages of tours you find on this page and go with a group tour. That way you don't have to worry about driving, nor schedules of buses to make sure all works out!
You'll have fun, the groups are not super large either.

Brolio is one of those that really requires your own car.. or someone who does a tour specifically to there so that they can drive you there.