Photo tour of Tuscany from Florence - by public transport

Som

Hi All,

I wanted to capture the beauty of the Tuscan region on camera. I have a day set out for this. I was planning to do this by renting a car from Florence but I discovered later that an IDP is necessary and I will not be able to get hold of it at short notice. :(

I am left with wine tour options or public transport. I would like to have a wine tasting, but that is not a priority for me. Is there a way to make multiple stops to take pictures while using the public transport? Or is there a specific tour which makes such stops in addition to the wine tasting (without being overly heavy on the wallet) - most of the tours I see just travel straight from Florence to Siena and then to San Gimigiano without any mention of photo stops.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Som..

What a dilemma! The best way to see the countryside for photographing is definitely with your own means of transport, as you'll want to be out pretty early and at sunset for the best light. Buses don't stop along the way unless you want to get off and not at the right spots. So a tour would make the best sense... not the large ones, but the private tours where it is the driver, the guide and a few more people. Take a look at the ones here: http://www.partner.viator.com/en/8357/ in the wine tasting section. There are several there that are for small groups.

The other possibility is to just hire a private driver to take you out to where you want to go. It will be a bit more costly but definitely will offer the most flexibility as you go wherever you want!