Trains in Tuscany

femmenikita

Hello :)

I have a questions about trains in Italy. I'm arrive to Bolonia, and then I want to go by train to Venice. What is the best place to buy tickets? Internet or the station in Bolonia? Is there a difference in prices? I check that price the ticket for train Bolonia-Venice on the site is about 18 euro. And, is there a possible thst on the station there's no ticket? Like there are sold out or something?

Thank you for your answer. That is my firt trip to Tuscany, but I feel not last :)

Hello!!
You may buy train tickets wherever you like to, prices are the same both on the website and at the train station office. If you are flexible with dates, you could check on the website the best rate (they may vary depending on days, for example I see you may buy tickets from 15 to 29 euros...) or ask the station officer for the best offer as well. I think it's almost impossible you won't find any more tickets once got at the station: from Bologna there are usually two trains per hour leaving to Venezia, so if there won't be any place on a train, you may wait for the next one if you're not on a hurry.

Have a nice stay in Italy :)

Chiara