Parking in Florence

JLeis

I have read the comments about parking in Florence but I wanted to get some clarity on where to park for the local attractions.
We are a small group of 11 adults, some that can't walk long distances. We will be staying in Montespertoli and will have cars. What would be the best place to park? Outside the center and take a bus in or get as close as we can even if it costs extra?
Thanks to Lourdes and everyone else who contributes!

Take a look at the lots on the map and mentioned here:
http://www.visitflorence.com/florence-maps/parking-lots-in-florence.html

I'd suggest either the Galluzzo area or the Scandicci (Viale Nenni) one. Both are free, you park and then get on a bus for the first, on the tram for the second. That way walking is more limited that parking closer but then walking a bit more.

Florence is a walking city so you'll already be doing a lot more walking that you have planned. If at any time you're tired, grab a cab to take you to your next location or back to your car. Taxis are about the only cars allowed in the center during the day.

10 day parking options in ZTL area

Hello,

My husband and I will be traveling to Florence in mid May and staying by the Piazza Ognissanti area, which is in the ZTL area. Since we'll be doing day trips, we will have a car for 10 days. We are looking for parking in the area and based on previous suggestions and consulting the local map, it looks like our best parking options are either at Parcheggio Porta al Prato OR at Stazione Santa Maria Novella. We were looking at this website: http://www.firenzeparcheggi.it/index.php?id=2

For Porta al Prato:
*Tariffa giornaliera: € 20,00 --> daily parking cost at € 20,00?
*Abbonamento mensile 24h ordinario: € 120,00 --> can we take advantage of this or does this require a month to month subscription?

For Santa Maria Novella:
*There doesn't seem to be an option for a daily parking; there's only cost for hourly parking. Did I miss it?

General question: How do we pay? Most likely, we will be retrieving the car around 8-8:30 AM and parking the car around 10-11 PM daily. It seems like they're both open 24hrs. Is there a parking attendant or do we pay using a machine? How safe is it to park there?

Kindly advise. We emailing them but didn't receive a response. Thanks in advance to Lourdes and others who contribute to this forum!

~chelemot