Need some itinary and recommendations for travel

voko

Hello
My girl friend and I want to spend around 10 days in May in Tuscany and wonder what the best itinary would be to see both Siena, San Gimignano, Greve (and Chianti valley) Florence and Pisa. We travel with back pack and would like to hike or to rent a bike for the one or other day. Bigger distances we would travel by bus or train. We like to see both nature and historic sites.
Thank you for your support.

Central Position in Tuscany

Buongiorno,

May is such a beautiful time to visit Tuscany (actually anytime is, but I am partial to the colors that come alive at this time)

If you are not planning on having a car, then you may want to look at staying near San Gimignano, which is pretty centrally located for the places you are looking at and offers lots of public transport options - not to metion a beautiful area to go biking and hiking.

Or you could have a look at Casa Candida, close to San Casciano and public transport:
http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/candida-bing-chianti-house.html

Buon Viaggio

Buongiorno

thank you very much for the hints.
What do you think about staying in Greve and do the trips from there?
I could imagine also to rent a scooter and/or bikes for the one or other days.

Ciao
Volker

Greve in Chianti

Absolutely. It is connected with buses to Florence and is a lovely area - with lots of options for hiking. Be sure to check out Montefiorale and the local vineyards along that road - all very do-able if you are serious walkers.